I was proud of my president last night! He spoke for me as well as for millions of other Americans who have at one time or another been caught in the insurance trap. We were caught between one insurance coverage ending and one not yet begun when I had a terrible flair of Ulcerative Colitis which sent me by helicopter to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.
All those bills were unpaid. It was a benefit concert put together by friends and the generosity of one of the hospitals which forgave 1/2 of my bill that brought us out of chaos. That was many years ago. The bills for uninsured people have increased beyond imagination. I thank the Holy One for providing "coverage" for me through the gift of beloved friends.
The bill that emerges from the House and Senate must contain a public option. If it doesn't, poor people (including many of our elders) will be left out and they will not be able to afford their medications. No medications equal earlier death. I know of many people who take less medication to stretch out their supply; I have done that myself.
I hope "you lie" turns to "you tried and won." Blessed be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment