Friday, September 11, 2009

Emerging Christianity

I was pleased to make contact with www.freshworship.wordpress.com where you will find many suggestions for worship resources that move beyond traditional liturgy. So many Christian leaders are hungry to provide opportunities for deeper mystery in the worship arena. Two years ago I decided something was missing in my spiritual life. I seemed to be in what Frank MacEowen in The Spiral of Memory and Belonging: A Celtic Path of Soul and Kinship calls the "downward spiral." I entered Spirations, a Spiritual Direction program. Spirations uses rituals and liturgies from every faith along with the spiritual practices of indigenous cultures to teach students how to birth the stories of the people who come to them for Spiritual Companionship. I feel I've crossed over into a new world where the Christ Light is brighter, yet doesn't blind; warmer, yet doesn't burn; and fuller, yet without allowing my soul to fall through the cracks in the cosmos. I am reborn. I am eager to hear about your "birthing" stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment